Social Justice Co-ordinator
Position Description: SOCIAL JUSTICE CO-ORDINATOR
Reviewed: August 2021
- Suggest possible Social Justice actions to Committee.
- Receive suggestions for Social Justice actions, emails, etc from the Communications Secretary, special interest groups such as the Supporting First Nations group and others.
- If the suggestion is in line with SWAN objectives and preferences, contact the Committee if necessary to gain their approval. Committee to set guidelines as to when this is necessary.
- Write letters to politicians and others as necessary or review/amend letters written by others. Enlist assistance where necessary.
- Send letters and appropriate copies or arrange for the Communications Secretary to do this, as agreed.
- Record responses and report to Committee.
- Facilitate actions such as street marches, films, dinners with the assistance of others as required.
- Keep a list of campaigns and results for the website and newsletter/flyers.
Approximate Time Commitment (Hours)
This is very variable and hard to estimate. Perhaps 3 - 4 hours a week on average.