Position Description: TREASURER
Reviewed: February 2017
- Following each Sunday event, ensure that the following floats are retained in the appropriate cash tins. These floats are retained between events.
- Door $20 In $1 and $2 coins
- Raffle $5 in $1 coins
- Bank remaining proceeds of each Sunday event
- Pay approved and regular accounts. Small amounts for catering etc in cash from the proceeds of the meeting, larger amounts and payments to external bodies by cheque with two signatures.
- Provide signed cheque for the agreed amount, currently $150, for the organisation the speaker represents at each Sunday event.
- File receipts for accounts paid
- Keep accurate records of income and expenditure and reconcile with bank balance. In doing this add cash payments back to the income and record the cash payments.
- Present a Treasurer’s report for each committee meeting
- Produce an Annual Report for the Financial Year from 1 July to 30 June by the following 31 July
- Using this report, assist the Public Officer to complete the details required by Consumer Affairs Victoria.
- Present this report to the AGM held the following September.
- Attend Committee Meetings unless unavailable