Job Description: Raffle Co-ordinator
Reviewed: August 2021
Not necessarily a Committee position
- Ensure there are at least 3 raffle prizes; purchase if necessary. Ideally raffle prizes are to be from or represent ethical or free trade sources. ‘Universal’ book vouchers (able to be used at most bookshops) may be suitable for prizes.
- Ask for a notice in the flyer/newsletter to encourage appropriate donations from members and committee if prizes are needed
- Purchase raffle tickets (newsagent);
- Keep a record of expenditure (receipts) for reimbursement
- Staple tickets together in packets of 3 tickets.
- Cash box with float available from Treasurer on the day. Return to Treasurer at the end of the meeting.
- Wrap prizes if appropriate
- Bring prizes, tickets, price sign and basket on the day and sell tickets
- Fold stubs into basket ready for drawing at the end of the meeting.
- Store basket, sign about ticket cost, unused prizes and tickets.
- With the assistance of the Facilitator if required, find someone to do above tasks on the day if you cannot,