Purchasing Role and Raffle
Job Description: PURCHASING ROLE & RAFFLE
- Buy ‘universal’ book vouchers (able to be used at most bookshops)
- Buy a card for the speaker coordinator to write on as a thank you to the Speaker.
- Ensure there is tea, coffee, fruit juice and food for morning tea; (A notebook with an approximate list of what has been bought/consumed at each meeting is in the plastic box.
- Ensure there are at least 3 raffle prizes; purchase if necessary; encourage appropriate donations from members and committee. Ideally raffle prizes are to be from or represent ethical or free trade sources.
- Keep a record of expenditure (receipts) for reimbursement
- Buy from ethical sources, and free trade whenever possible.
- Purchase raffle tickets (newsagent);
- staple tickets together in packets of 3 tickets to be ‘sold’.
- Cash box with float available from Treasurer on the day.
- Ensure there are at least 3 prizes (see purchasing role)
- Wrap prizes if appropriate
- Keep basket used for draw and sign about ticket cost.