Position description: NEWSLETTER EDITOR (POSITION VACANT)
The Newsletter editor liaises with the committee in preparing the newsletter, which comes out approximately 2-3 weeks before each SWAN meeting. Tasks are as follows:-
- Attend committee meetings.
- Liaise with the Guest Speaker Convenor who will forward biographical material and photos of the upcoming speaker.
- Convenor and committee members will forward to the Editor news of any up-coming local events which could appropriately be items in the newsletter.
- Each month a report of the previous meetings speaker is included.
- The newsletter is prepared on Microsoft Publisher – Newsletter format. The same basic layout is used in each edition, with small changes in placement of articles, photos etc
- Forward the newsletter to another Committee member for proofreading and comments.
- Convert the completed/proof read newsletter from Publisher to a pdf and forward to the following people:
- A generous SWAN member (Details supplied) for printing and distribution by mail.
- Members Data base secretary for electronic distribution to members
- SWAN website coordinator ( also include any extra relevant photos).
- The Correspondence Secretary for notification to the press ie Frankston Weekly and Mornington Leader (email addresses supplied)
- Deliver or mail the printed newsletter labels generated by the Members database secretary to above mentioned SWAN member.
- Update, revise and ensure printing of the SWAN brochure where necessary.
AFUW SWAN Indigenous Bursary
- Liaise with AFUW re requirements for the Bursary each year
- Inform the members of information relating to the Bursary through the newsletter and bi-monthly meetings
- Ensure that relevant materials are circulated for donation forms to be distributed.